The legal needs of those who work in the construction industry are both broad and deep. In addition to the wide range of construction projects—such as commercial, residential, and highway—every project is different from the last. Novices in construction law often do not understand blueprints, specifications, and project management systems, leaving their clients at a legal disadvantage. When you need a construction attorney who can hit the ground running, contact Hendrickson & Long, PLLC. We have worked with complex construction projects for years and have received numerous accolades for our expertise in this area.
Who We Are: Construction Attorneys Who Understand What You Do
Do you expect your construction lawyer to understand what you do? If so, you need a construction attorney from Hendrickson & Long. With us, you never have to worry about explaining the relationships between the parties to a construction contract, the nature of the construction industry, bids, specifications, or industry standards.
Time is money. Every minute you spend educating your lawyer is a minute you can’t do what you do best. Our construction attorneys have a long history of stellar representation of those in the construction industry. We’re proficient in the field, and we know how to get results without incurring unnecessary project delays.
Who We Serve: Construction Companies and Professionals
When you’re involved in a construction dispute, you need to partner with a construction attorney who can leverage a deep understanding of every aspect of construction law. Our construction lawyers have significant experience representing all parties to construction contracts:
- Builders and developers
- Contractors, including general contractors and subcontractors
- Design professionals, such as architects and engineers
- Construction companies, from small, local companies to regional and national contractors
- Insurance companies
- Landlords and tenants
- Owners, including private owners and public owners such as local, city, and state government entities
Working with construction professionals across the board has given us important insight into the issues that face all parties to construction contracts. In fact, our attorneys have served as national counsel to Fortune 100 companies in industry-wide litigation.
What We Do: Serve as Your Construction Attorney, from Start to Finish
When you choose a construction attorney, you need a partner who can represent you from inception through completion, including in any disputes or litigation that might arise along the way. Our construction lawyers are skilled in working with clients to achieve the best outcome with issues like these:
- Agreement negotiation, drafting, and review
- Breach of contract and breach of warranty
- Change orders
- Claims avoidance
- Company formation, including land acquisition and financing
- Defective workmanship
- Delays and scheduling
- Design defects
- Mechanics’ liens
- Occupational safety, including OSHA citations and administrative proceedings
- Payment and performance bonds
- Permitting and code violations
- Professional negligence
- Public contracts and competitive bidding
- Risk identification and management
- Wage violations, including prevailing wage
And our construction law experience spans many forums, from professional boards and administrative proceedings to arbitration and mediation and, of course, state and federal court.
In fact, Hendrickson & Long’s construction attorneys have been involved in some of West Virginia’s largest and most complex private commercial and public construction projects. As a result, we are adept at counseling construction professionals through all of their construction-related needs.
Specialty Area: Construction-Related Professional Negligence Claims
Our significant experience in all facets of construction also makes our firm the perfect choice to handle claims of professional negligence in WV and PA.
Every H&L Construction Attorney Is Poised to Serve the Construction Industry
At Hendrickson & Long, construction law is one of our specialties. Our experience in the area has garnered the attention of our peers and of national publications.
When you hire a construction attorney from our firm, you receive exemplary legal knowledge and service from leaders in construction litigation. Here are just a few of the accolades received by our attorneys:
- Voted for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for construction litigation
- Voted for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, and construction litigation
- Selection for Super Lawyers in the area of construction litigation
In addition, our lawyers serve on committees and in groups that give them unique insight into construction law, such as these:
- American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on Construction Law
- ABA Steering Committee for Contract Documents
- ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
Partnering with a Hendrickson & Long construction attorney can save you time, delay, and money. Whether you do business in PA or WV, contact us today to begin building a relationship with your construction lawyer.