Raj A. Shah
Contact Raj A. Shah
214 Capitol St.
Charleston, WV 25301
Raj A. Shah’s diligent but practical approach to civil defense litigation has earned him selection as a Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Charleston, West Virginia from 2015 through 2018 by Lawyers Super and an AV Preeminent rating, the highest rating possible in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™. Raj brings that dedication and focus to all areas of his practice. He works primarily in construction and hospitality litigation, toxic tort defense, insurance defense, product liability, and general litigation.
Raj excelled at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he earned the 2009 Scholastic Excellence Awards for Highest Grade in Agency, Partnership and the L.L.C. He furthered his education as a corporate legal clerk for Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Denver, Colorado and as a judicial extern for The Honorable Robert B. King of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Outside the office, Raj carries that dedication and focus to his family. When time permits, he enjoys golfing. He previously served on the Board of Governors for the Berry Hills Country Club and on the Advisory Committee for The First Tee® of West Virginia–Kanawha Valley, an international youth development organization that teaches youth the game of golf and the values it imparts.
Civil litigation, construction, hospitality, personal injury, product liability, and toxic tort
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- Illinois Supreme Court
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Super Lawyers Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Charleston, West Virginia, 2015-2018
AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Board of Directors, Berry Hills Country Club
- Member, Advisory Committee – The First Tee® of West Virginia – Kanawha Valley